Identifying your target market is one of the most important key elements to online marketing. The first 3 things you must do it to identify who is your target market, potential customer ages, and the most important element is they location.
Once you have identified the key point I mentioned above, the first things you need to do is get your website rank high in the target location search engines.
Here are the tips on how to rank high in local search engines:
- Domain Name – Your domain name must have the local extension of the local country. For example, if you want to target Malaysia customers, you should consider to use *.com.my extension, Australia is *.au, United Kingdom is .*uk.
- Web Hosting – Your website should be hosting in the local country or city, makes your website loads faster for your targeted customer.
- Website Content – You website content must used the language and grammar aspect for targeted country.
- Phone Number – Optionally, you can specify the local (regional specific) phone number in your website.
- Search Engine Optimization – Your website content should be tailored towards the region-country-city. You can do this as on page search engine optimization such as put it in title, keywords, and description meta tags, etc.
- Link building – Get your website listed in local directory, local search engine and link exchange with other website within the target location.
- Search Engine Settings – Use Google webmaster Tools to set your geographic location. You can do it by: Dashboard -> Tools -> Set geographic target. Then, select the country which has your most targeted customer..
Once all key point I mentioned above is done, your website should be fully optimized for local search engines.